The village has a 19th-century stone church, the parish church of St Nicholas.
At the Western end of the village is a level crossing for the Lincoln – Peterborough railway line, the site of the former Littleworth railway station. The goods shed there was used for agricultural produce, including transshipment from the narrow gauge potato railway that also crossed the road. the 1086 Domesday Book, the village is written as “Estdeping”.
From John Marius Wilson’s 1872 Imperial Gazetteer of England and WaleDEEPING FEN, a fen and a chapelry in Bourn district, Lincoln. The fen lies on the North Drove and the South Drove drains, between Market-Deeping and Spalding; and comprises upwards of 30,000 acres. About one-half consists of enclosed commons, included in parishes; and the rest is extra-parochial. The chapelry comprises the extra-parochial part; was constituted in 1846; bears the alternative name of Deeping-St. Nicholas; lies adjacent to North Drove railway station, and 5 miles WSW of Spalding; and has a post office, of the name of Deeping-St. Nicholas, under Spalding. Acres, 16, 290. Real property, £27, 681. Pop., 1, 180. Houses, 184. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £210. Patrons, the Trustees of the late W. Stevenson, Esq. The church was built in 1846.
The Church of St Nicholas was built in 1846, when a new parish was formed to supersede the former chapel of ease of Spalding. The church was built by Charles Kirk, an architect from Sleaford, in Decorated style common in older surrounding churches.