Gedney Drove End is a village in the civil parish of Gedney and the South Holland district of Lincolnshire, England.
Gedney Drove End is within Gedney Marsh. The village is centred where Marsh Road runs into Dawsmere Road. There are two public houses, ‘The Rising Sun’ on Marsh Road and ‘The Wildfowler on the Wash’ on Main Road; also on Main Road is Gedney Drove Primary School.
At the west of Gedney Drove End, separated by fields and at the centre of a farm, is Norfolk House, a Grade II listed red brick house dating to the early 19th century. At the north of the village, on the bank of The Wash is an infantry blockhouse from the Second World War. Further south-east off Marsh Road is a “Type 23 three-bay concrete anti-aircraft pillbox”. At the centre of the village is evidence of Gedney Drove End post-medieval settlement, and the extant Methodist chapel dating to 1885 To the north of the village centre is the site of a former corn tower mill, non-existent by 1953.
Gedney Drove was made an ecclesiastical district in 1855, and from then until 1870 services were held in the village schoolroom until the church at Dawsmere was built. Sunday afternoon services were held at a mission house in the village. In 1872 the Primitive Methodist Chapel was recorded. Occupations and trades at the time included a schoolmistress, eleven farmers, two coal dealers, a miller & baker, a further baker who was also the post master, a shoemaker, two carpenters, one of whom was also a wheelwright, a blacksmith, a grocer & draper, a boatman coastguard, the occupant of a beerhouse, and the licensed victualler of The Wheatsheaf public house.