Royal Arms in Lincolnshire Churches

Royal Arms in Lincolnshire Churches

Royal Arms were displayed at English Churches before the reformation, sometimes in stained glass, sculpture or painted coloured arms. The attached booklet describes the churches with these Royal Arms across Lincolnshire. They were to remind the parishioners that the...
St Nicholas, Whykam

St Nicholas, Whykam

This is St Nicholas Chapel, Whykam which is from a print from June 1835, sculpted by W Watkins and published by J Saunders of London and Lincoln. The chapel was built in 1311 and has been in this state since the roof collapsed in 1782....

Tour of St Margret’s Church Quadring

The sequence above uses a 360 degree camera to photograph the inside of the building and then link together to create a tour. Click on the icon to start the tour. Further icons give more information or expanded photograph. Best viewed in ‘full screen’. The...