Forge Timeline

1800′s – Building is purpose built as a Blacksmith’s workshop

1826 – White’s Directory shows Francis South was Blacksmith at this time

1850 – 1860 – Accounts show the Blacksmith was servicing the boats at Spalding Port

1899 – The Dodd Family take ownership of the Forge

20th Century – 3 Generations of the Dodd Family worked the forge

1960′s – 70′s – Geoffery Dodd designs and builds many of the frames for the floats in Spalding’s famous Flower Parade

1988 – The South Holland District Council agree to purchase the forge from Mr Dodd for the nominal fee of £1

2010 – Work begins on developing the site into a museum and the Friends are founded the following year

2012 – Forge is officially open to the public on the 8th of September