An article appearing in Lincs Free Press recording the demise of the swing bridge to the right Chain Bridge Forge Bridge being removed
Source: Aspects of Spalding
Click on this link to read the article on the SGS website AOS D 0255 Weathervane
Lovely photo of The Limes situated in Double Street. Once a merchants house to monitor the ships using the port of Spalding.
Pannel boatyard was located on the river bank close to West Elloe Bridge. Pannell‘s Boat Yard In 1822. John Pannell. was landlord ofthe ‘Jolly Crispin‘ Inn. which was near Chain Bridge. and it “as there he commenced the boat building and carpentry business which...