It was built in the 18th century for Mr George Worrall a local Solicitor who died there in 1771 at the age of 49. At the beginning of the 19th century it was lived in by another Solicitor a Mr Carter. In the 1930s it was the home of the Pennington family , it ended its days as the offices of Spalding Urban District Council until the moved into the new Town Hall near Ayscoughfee Hall.