Celebration of School Day’s at this historic Victorian Mission
The church built in revived Gothic style in 1870 next to Lambert Bridge. The tiny church was used daily as a place of worship and a school.
St Polycarp was a 2nd Century Christian Bishop of Smyma, a Town now in modern day Turkey. He was a disciple of St John the Apostle, and it was John who ordained him Bishop of Smyma.