The Crowland War Memorial was unveiled on November 28th 1920 and was reported as follows:
“The Crowland War Memorial erected in the Old Market Place, was unveiled on Sunday afternoon, in the presence of a large gathering of people. The Memorial is in the form of a, cenotaph built of selected Weldon stone, with panels and urn in Red granite. There are 66 names inscribed in the three panels. The Marquis of Exeter performed the unveiling ceremony and subsequently the memorial was dedicated by the Rector of Crowland.”
After the Second World War another 16 names were added.
Source: Crowland Local History Series Number One – Stephen Perry