The Globe, Church Street, Pinchbeck
Very little information is available about this beerhouse at the moment. John, Loveley is listed as the beerhousekeeper in White’s Directory of 1842 and he appears in the 1851 Census with family as follows :-
John Loveley 57. Beerseller/Farmer, wife Rebecca aged 46, Daughters Mary (21), Betsy (11) and Emma (9) and sons John Watson (15) and George (6).
The first photograph shows The Globe in 1913, although by this time it had ceased to operate as a beer house – it is the white building in the middle of the picture. It was demolished in 1934. 0n the spot where The Globe useci to stand are some cottages called ‘Globe Cottages’. The main road through Pinchbeck has had a variety of names; Turnpike Road. Boston Road, Main Road, Surfleet Road and Church Street. Notice that it is called Surfleet Road in 1913.
The next photograph shows John Watson Loveley with his family around 1880. He was the son of John Loveley who was the beerseller. John Watson Loveley left his home at The Globe in 1854 to become a baker in Boston. The Loveley family today still have a thriving bakery business there.
Click on the photograph to enlarge
Source: Pubs of the Pinchbecks