Penny Hill Mill, Holbeach 1934.
This tower mill was built in 1826-7 on the site of a smock mill.
It originally had four patent sails driving three pairs of stones but in the late 19th century was raised in height by one storey and re-equipped with six patent sails and four pairs of stones. It worked until the late 1930’s or early 1940’s, latterly on only four sails. By 1953 it had been dismantled.
Click on image to enlarge