The old Rectory at Market Deeping, photo dated as 1910.
Now divided into two, the Old Rectory is a substantial medieval building that retains many early features, including a door with 12th-century ironwork and a fine angel ceiling. The majority of the building is early 14th century, with additions made in the 1830s by Thomas Pilkington. Incumbents have reputedly been driven from the house twice: once by vagrants during the 16th century, when the rector was forced to live in the church tower, and again during the Civil War.
Click on image to enlarge