A view of East Street, Crowland. This photo is dated as 1950’s. In the foreground is the War Memorial with the Abbey seen in the rear.
The Crowland War Memorial stands in a wide section of East Street, between the town’s famous Triangular Bridge and Abbey remains. The dedication, together with three granite plaques containing the names of 66 village men (including four from the same family and four awarded the Military Medal) who did not return from the conflict are affixed to the square monument. A further granite plaque below the dedication contains the 17 names of soldiers who fell in the Second World War, together with one soldier killed in 1951 in Malaya. ( This information was taken off Roll of Honour..com )
Click on image to enlarge